Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tuesday Thingers: So It's Very Shrewd to Be Very, Very Popular Like Me
Popular this month on LT: Do you look at this list? Do you get ideas on what to read from it?
Have you read any of the books on the list right now? Feel free to link to any reviews you've done as well.
Oh dear, now I have that song from Wicked stuck in my head. I look at the "Popular This Month" list fairly often, although it's more incidental than intentional. I'll usually look at it when I'm looking at my LT home page, which is a few times a week. I don't know that I get recommendations from the list, since I've usually heard about most (if not all) of the popular books via other sources before they make the list.
I have 8 of the 10 books on the current list:
1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicky Myron
3. Nation by Terry Pratchett
4. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
6. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
8. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
10. Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland
The sad thing? I haven't read any of them yet. I only received one of these (Any Given Doomsday) as an advance reading copy, so I'd consider other seven to be pleasure reading, which has been taking a backseat to review reading lately. I was reading Brisingr in September until someone completely spoiled the book for me and I lost interest in it. I'll pick it up again once I've forgotten some of the details.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society has been calling to me lately, though, so I think that may be the book I pick up next.