This year I've decided to expand on my reading resolutions just a little bit, with goals that will last a little longer than the first two months of the year. 2008 was a great year for me reading-wise, and I want to continue growing as a reader in 2009. With that in mind, here are my reading goals for 2009:
- Read more than 100 books in 2009. If possible, surpass my 2008 total of 125 books.
- Branch out into more non-fiction reading. I think non-fiction books accounted for roughly ten percent of my reading last year, and I would like to see that percentage rise in 2009.
- Finish at least three book series. I love reading books that are part of a series, but right now I have at least five series -- probably more -- that I need to complete (or get caught up to the latest installment, in the case of series that are still being written).
- Review most, if not all, of the books that I read. I started blogging in June 2008, and it's amazing to me how well I can remember books that I reviewed. It's also very disheartening how quickly the books that I read early last year (pre-blog) have begun to fade from my memory.
- Continue to expand my reading horizons. I stepped out of my comfort zone (classics and mysteries) a lot in 2008, and I'm a much better reader for it. I want to continue to try different genres and new authors throughout 2009.