Here are my stats for Bloggiesta:
Day One: 9 Hours
Day Two: 11 Hours
Total Time: 20 Hours
Mini-Challenges I Completed:
The Book Lady's Blog - Clean Up Your Feed Reader
Emily's Reading Room - Google Alerts
Devourer of Books - Update a Key Post
Galley Smith - Creating Effective Anchor Text
(I did my own challenge, too, of course, but I don't think that counts!)
- Finished formatting and published my Review Archive.
- Added a contact form to my Contact Page.
- Wrote and published an About Me page.
- Formatted HTML for over 30 upcoming reviews.
- Organized my Google Reader and removed over 20 feeds that haven't updated in the last six months.
- Caught up on comments here at Bookish Ruth a little bit (I still have a lot of comments to attend to and I want to get around to comment on other blogs as well. I'll continue working on this over the next few days.)
- Prepared four Quotable and four Wordless Wednesday posts in advance.
- Wrote and scheduled two book reviews.
- Updated my 100+ Book Challenge post.
I wish I could have participated in more of the mini-challenges and written more reviews, but I'm very happy with the progress I made. I thought my Bloggiesta was going to come to a screeching halt on Friday afternoon. I was diagnosed with shingles on Tuesday, and on Friday I was feverish and in a lot of pain. I took two long naps that day and the extra sleep made a big difference. I'm still not 100%, but I feel much better.
I really enjoyed being able to communicate with other participants on Twitter thanks to the #bloggiesta hash tag. I got a lot of great feedback from other bloggers throughout the challenge. I also enjoyed seeing what other bloggers were working on this weekend. I'll be undertaking several projects that other participants completed during Bloggiesta. I want to change to a three-column layout sometime soon, update more of my book challenge posts, fix my favicon so it shows up in Firefox again (It's showing in Internet Explorer but not FireFox), and re-write my Contact page with more details for authors and publishers.
Bloggiesta was a great experience, and something that I will definitely participate in again. I just hope the next one is a little longer. I got so many ideas from other bloggers that I wanted more time to implement them!