My biggest goal for 2011 was to start blogging again, and I just now feel as though I am shaking the rust from Bookish Ruth after the long hiatus. Last weekend's Bloggiesta was a real blessing as I was able to get a lot of long-neglected blog maintenance taken care of over the course of those three days.
More goals for 2011:
- Read at least 100 books. I only read 31 books in 2010 and I was disappointed with that total. I will need to step up my reading pace from January, since it looks like I'll be finishing the month with only six books read.
- Make a sizable dent in unread books that are sitting on my bookshelves. The great thing about being a book blogger is that you always have a lot of books to choose from. One of the not-so-great things is that sometimes those books come in faster than you can possibly read them. I have just over 100 unread books in my personal library and I hope to see that total diminish rapidly in 2011.
- Make progress with series books. This is, I think, a yearly goal. I would like to get current with the Mary Russell, Lady Julia Grey, and Maisie Dobbs series so I'm ready for the new book from each series, since all three will see new installments published in 2011. I would also like to catch up on my collection of Agatha Christie novels.
- Continue reading about specific areas of interest. I want to read more books related to Vincent van Gogh, Sherlock Holmes, Victorian England and lighthouses this year.
- More mysteries and middle grade fiction. In recent years I have made an effort to expand my reading focus. This year I would like to narrow it a bit and focus on my two favorites genres: mysteries and middle grade fiction. Three of the six books I have finished so far this year have been mysteries and I'm reading a middle grade book now, so I feel I am making steady progress on this goal.